January 10, 2014
by Shelly Mathis
Treasurer’s Report = $992.76
- Cloverbud Camp Committee will meet directly following this business meeting.
- Possible NEW date for camp = Saturday, March 8th
- District Retreat
- The club voted to continue to give $25 to 4-H camp attendees (those who helped the club with fundraisers last year).
- Bailey, Audrey, Liberty, Ben, and Julie are definitely going, and all were given $25 from the club account to go toward their trip fee (except Bailey, who goes free as a council senator). Molly is still undecided.
- Kum & Go Booklets - The club voted to participate in the joint Council & Club fundraiser of selling Kum & Go coupon booklets. We decided to order 50 - an increase of 10 from last year’s order.
- Gymkhana Concessions - The club voted to sign up to do two summer gymkhana concessions. We selected July 12th and August 30th as our preferred dates. Shelly will contact Caroline to see if those dates are still available and get our name on the list.
- New members were informed that through family donations, store donations, and all of our volunteer work at the concessions, we are able to raise approximately $400 for our club.
- Peaches - Tish said she heard from the Peach people that we could get the same price for 200 boxes. Later, she emailed Shelly with the idea of seeing if Council or other 4-H clubs would like to participate in this fundraiser and split up the proceeds somehow. If this is the direction we want to take, we will need to present this to the Council at the February meeting (2/3/14).
- Travis did tell Shelly that these type of fundraisers are excellent, once a customer base is established. Something to consider… as well as ideas for how to sell as many as possible.
- Other - We also talked about how we need to find more fundraisers for our club, since we have grown so much - and thus, our expenses are growing, as well.
- Shelly will contact the Extension Office staff to let them know that we are looking for more ways to make money as a club, and to request that they let us know if they hear of any that are available.
- February’s Community Service
- The club voted to supply one week’s worth of hot dinner meals to the Wood family after they return home with their new baby. Meals will be delivered from Monday, Feb. 17th through Sunday, Feb. 23rd. Shelly will organize this via email.
- Annual Plan of Action & Schedule of Meetings
- Shelly submitted a rough idea for the club’s Annual Plan of Action. The club voted to accept it and modify as needed. Shelly will submit to office to be included in our official charter paperwork.
- Next month’s meeting assignments are...
- Prayer - Julie
- Devotion - Ben
- Refreshments - Susan & Kenna
Homesteaders Club Announcements
- National Western Stock Show - Jan. 17th - Shelly sent out information to attendees.
- Cloverbud Night - Wednesday, Jan. 22nd, 5:30-6:30 p.m. at the Extension Hall. Decorate cupcakes! Ages 5-7, as of Jan. 1, 2014.
- Next Homesteaders Meeting - Friday, February 14th from 1 - 3 p.m. at Kremmling Community Church
Middle Park 4-H Council Announcements
- REMINDER: Please read through the 4-H Newsletter each month! There may be pertinent information concerning your 4-H project, interesting activities available to you, and Cloverbud events.
- January 24-27: Leadership Development Conference (LDC)
- LDC is a camp for Senior members only. The sign-up forms are due back at the office on January 10th.
- February 3rd Council Meeting @ 7 p.m. at Hot Sulphur Springs Community Hall
- Call the Extension Office if you want a ride - 724-3436!
- Fiber Fun Fest - February 22nd - 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. - Larimer County Fairgrounds
- See 4-H Newsletter for information.
- Tons of fun! Free heritage arts classes for 4-H members and leaders!
- Talk to Miss Caroline!
- District Retreat - March 21-23 - Registration: DUE by February 28th
- Caroline emailed registration forms Thursday, Dec. 19th. Let the office know if you did not receive it.