by Shelly Mathis
Meeting Date: July 8, 2016
- Fruit Fundraiser
- $6100 in fruit sales was deposited this week. There’s still more to do.
- The peach delivery date is tentatively set for Friday, August 19th. Mark your calendars to be available!
- Tish will ask Phil about when the final count of peach boxes is due; this date will determine when the final sales are due to Shelly. Thus far, it seems that Krempins and Mathis’ are the only ones who yet have payments to collect.
- Tish will also ask Phil if any boxes of “seconds” are available for purchase.
- The club voted to order an extra 15 boxes of peaches to sell at time of delivery.
- 4-H Adult and Member Award Nominations - Due Sept. 2nd
- Shelly will bring the adult award forms on the peach delivery.
- Club members will meet and discuss, while adults are sorting peach boxes.
- Marcy and Shelly will meet later in August to complete the member nominations.
- September’s Meeting Volunteers:
- Prayer - Audrey
- Devotion - Ben
- Refreshments - Shiloh
- Demonstrations were given by Shiloh and Taylah.
- Community Service - Summer turtle tray favors were made by the club for the Kremmling seniors.
Homesteaders Club Announcements
- Fair Registration is DUE by July 14th!
- Exhibit Day Display Boards and Record Book Covers - available for purchase at the Extension Office as a fundraiser for the 4-H Council
- Display boards =$5
- Record book covers = $4
- Cloverbuds - Contact the office to sign up for the Cloverbud Show and Tell time during Exhibit Day. Poster boards are available at the office!
- Outdoor Adventure Day - Sunday, July 24th - Watch your email for details and for the campfire meal plan!
- NEXT Club Meeting - Friday, September 9th @ KCC from 1-3 p.m. (unless we’re on our way to the PeachFork Orchards to get our pears!)
Middle Park 4-H Council Announcements
- 4-H Council Community Service & Meeting - Wednesday, July 27th @ 1 p.m. following the Fairgrounds Clean-up @ 9 a.m. at the fairgrounds. Please RSVP with the office.
- 4-H Council Fundraising Opportunities for Earning Trip Assistance:
- Truck Raffle Tickets
- Council Concessions - Sign up sheets are available now!
- July 23rd - gymkhana and farrier contest concessions
- August 8-14th - fair week
- August 20th - demolition derby
- Read the Newsletter - to find out about county activities, 4-H trips and projects, deadlines, and more!