by Shelly Mathis
Meeting Date: May 13, 2016
Fruit Sales - The club voted to give club member families a discount on the fruit boxes they purchase: $25/case of peaches; $20/case of apples and pears.
- $100 Donation as a Middle Park Fair Friend - Our donation will help sponsor the Exhibit Hall competitions.
- Trip to visit PeachFork Orchards - The club voted to try to visit the orchard near the beginning of September, when we can enjoy a tour and pick up the pears. More will be coordinated at that time.
- Outdoor Adventure Day
- The club decided that a Sunday afternoon might work best for this adventure day.
- Parents: Please email Shelly your available days in June and July for this activity.
- June’s Meeting
- The club will meet in June on Friday, June 24th, not on the 2nd Friday of the month (as usual).
- Who wants to do next month’s…
- Prayer - Foster
- Devotion - Audrey
- Refreshments - Ben
Jill Wilkinson was awarded her $500 club scholarship for graduation!
After celebrating with Jill, the club volunteered at Cliffview Assisted Living Center for 1 hour of community service to pull weeds.
Homesteaders Club Announcements
- Focus on wrapping up fruit sales over the next 1-1/2 months! DUE by June 30th
- Please turn in complete spreadsheets and money! You can drop them off at the Kremmling Library, too.
- Outdoor Adventure Day - Tuesday, May 17th OR Wednesday, May 18th at 5:30 p.m.?
- NEXT Club Meeting - Friday, June 10th OR 24th @ KCC @ 1 p.m.
- June Demonstrations
- Kenna, Evan, Shiloh, Taylah, and Audrey(?)
- Summer-themed Tray Favors
- Marcy & Tish will coordinate.
- Record Books
Middle Park 4-H Council Announcements
- Cloverbud Night - May 19th @ 6:30 p.m. in the Extension Hall -- Leather crafts!
- 4-H Council Community Service Project
- Plant Trees at the Fairgrounds! May 20th (and possibly June 3rd) at 9 a.m.
- Contact the office to sign up as a volunteer! 724-3436
- Shooting Sports - Mandatory Meeting: May 23rd @ 6 p.m. at the Extension Hall
- 4-H Council Meeting - Monday, June 6th @ 7 p.m. in Hot Sulphur Springs
- A county-wide 4-H Social will follow the meeting: games, dessert, and fun!
- Read the Newsletter - to find out about county activities, 4-H trips and projects, deadlines, and more!