by Shelly Mathis
Meeting Date: May 12, 2017
Officer Round Robin
Many thanks to the members who learned how to be officers in this meeting: Foster - Secretary and Lexi - Pledge Leader. You did a super job!
Ben’s 4-H Council Meeting Report: He thanked the two members who came to the 4-H Council meeting from our club. Unfortunately, there were still not enough members from other clubs to have quorum and vote on the trip assistance. The council scheduled a second fairgrounds clean-up day on June 9th, 1-3 p.m. This is to prepare the fairgrounds for hosting EXPO the week of June 12th.
- Updated Policy Plan
- The club voted via email on May 1st to approve the changes to the club’s financial rules and policy. Trip assistance will be earned based on the number of fruit boxes sold and according to a tiered level system: 10 boxes of peaches sold earns $25; 20 boxes of fruit sold (any combo) earns $50; and 35 boxes of fruit sold (any combo) earns $75.
- T-Shirt Update
- Shirt Choices & Sizes are still needed. Shelly collected those from Marcy and Audrey, the Callarmans, the Haddix family, and the Krempins. Shirt info is still needed from the French family.
- Tish will find out shirt sizes for Phil & Susan of PeachFork Orchards.
- Isaiah will email the artwork to Shelly.
- Shelly and Marcy will discuss who will be submitting the order once all shirt sizes are turned in.
- Club Donations:
- The club voted to donate $100 to Sew It Seamz to use toward gift bags in their fashion show, which is put on for 4-H members and the community.
- Tish will follow-up with Shawn to see if they are still doing the show and need the donation. She will contact Ben and Shelly to write the check.
- Ice Cream Party on June 9th - The club voted to cover the difference of what remains after the $25 Jilly’s gift certificate from the 4-H Council.
- Volunteers for June’s meeting:
- Prayer - Rhaelyn
- Devotion - Jonathan
- Refreshments - Ice Cream at Jilly’s
Homesteaders Club Announcements
- Next Club Meeting - Friday, June 9th, at the Kremmling Community Church at 9:30 a.m.
- We are meeting early so that those who want to do some 4-H Council community service can go to the fairgrounds and help clean it up for EXPO the following week (1-3 p.m.).
- 1st - Business Meeting
- 2nd - Demonstrations
- Evan, Lexi, Shiloh, Taylah, Chisum
- 3rd - Tray Favors
- 4th - Picnic Lunch! Bring your sandwiches and something to share with the club, if you so wish.
- 5th - Ice Cream at Jilly’s
- Demonstration Schedule Reminder
- July - Ben, Audrey, Rhaelyn, Liberty
- Fundraiser Spreadsheets & Money - Please turn these into Shelly at each club meeting or drop by the Kremmling Library on Mondays, Tuesdays, or Thursdays.
Middle Park 4-H Council Announcements
- EXPO Registration - DUE May 25th
- 4-H Council Meeting - Monday, June 5th @ 7 p.m. in Hot Sulphur Springs Town Hall
- We need to 2 representatives (besides Ben) from our club to attend.
- Community Service Opportunity - Clean up the fairgrounds for Expo
- Friday, June 9th, 1-3 p.m. Bring gloves, water, sunscreen, work clothes, bug spray.
- Read the County 4-H Newsletter - to find out about county activities, 4-H trips and projects, deadlines, and more!