by Shelly Mathis
Meeting Date: July 14, 2017
- Projects & Record Books -
- Make sure you are registered for Exhibit Day and/or Fair.
- Need Help? Click here for step-by-step guidance - 4-H Record-Keeping
- Please contact the Extension Office to verify you have everything necessary for Exhibit Day interviews.
- Community Service
- The club voted to purchase three boxes of peaches to donate:
- 1 - Granby Seniors
- 1 - Kremmling Seniors & Silver Spruce
- 1 - Mountain Family Center
- The club also voted to donate $100 to the Mountain Family Center for their Backpack/School Supply Program that helps hundreds of children in Grand County be ready for school.
- Club Chartering Process for the IRS
- Budget - The club approved moving two percentage points from the Miscellaneous Fund to the Community Service Fund for the following 4-H year. The new budget will be as follows:
- Scholarships - 42%
- Community Service - 35%
- Club Activities & Trip Assistance - 20%
- Miscellaneous -3%
- Plan of Action - The club approved the following Plan of Action for the upcoming 4-H year and added a possible trip to the Stock Show in January.
- Thank-You Card - The club members and parents signed a thank-you card to the Grand Gazette for their generosity in giving us another year of free advertising.
- Audrey read a thank-you card to us from the Granby seniors for the Independence Day tray favors.
- September’s Meeting Volunteers
- Prayer - Kenna
- Devotion - Foster
- Refreshments - Rhaelyn
Homesteaders Club Announcements
- T-Shirt Money is DUE
- French - $32 (4 polos)
- Petefish - $16 (1 polo + Josh’s shirt) --- PAID on July 14th
- Haddix - $4 (Alex’s shirt) --- PAID on July 14th
- NO Club Meeting in August!
- Peach Delivery Plan
- Tish will talk with Phil for the date and time to meet him in Hot Sulphur Springs
- Marcy will sort spreadsheets according to town and family
- Shelly will print thank-you slips to be taped onto boxes
- Questions? Issues?
- Parents & Members: Please spend time reviewing the 4-H year and observing adults at fair who are 4-H supporters. You will be nominating adults to receive the four adult 4-H awards: Leader of the Year, Friend of 4-H, Parents of the Year, ABCD Award
Middle Park 4-H Council Announcements
- Exhibit Day & Fair - Has everyone registered? Instructions are in the council newsletter.
- If you can’t make Exhibit Day, please call to reschedule your interview.
- Project Completions - If you can’t make Exhibit Day, call to reschedule.
- Projects & Record Books - Do you know what is required to bring to Exhibit Day & Fair?
- Go to www.ColoradoHomesteaders.org and click on the link titled “Record Book Help” in the right pane under the CLUB INFO heading to find step-by-step instructions.
- Display boards and folders for record books can be purchased at the Extension Office.
- Fairgrounds Clean-up for Fair (Community Service) - July 26, 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. - Please RSVP!
- Bring hats, gloves, rakes, shovels, water, sunscreen, bug repellent, paint brushes, and clothes you don’t mind getting dirty or even ruined!
- 4-H Council Meeting Also -- Ben cannot make this one, so please come to represent our club, especially if voting on the proposed changes to council trip assistance requirements!
- Free BBQ to follow!
- Read the County 4-H Newsletter - and keep up to date on all things 4-H related!
- Evan (Evan will do his demonstration at Shooting Sports…)