Sunday, March 19, 2017

Recap of March 2017 Meeting

by Shelly Mathis


Meeting Date: March 10, 2017

Officer Round Robin

Many thanks and congratulations to the members who learned how to be officers in this meeting: Taylah - President; Kenna - Secretary; Evan - Treasurer; and Sego - Pledge Leader.  You all did a super job!


Ben’s 4-H Council Meeting Report: Council is recommending a change to policies that will require 4-H members to attend two council meetings to earn trip assistance, in addition to working 4 hours of concessions and selling 5 truck raffle tickets (or working extra concessions hours).  One of the two meetings will need to be the meeting at which they are requesting the trip assistance.  Ben clarified that two of our club members can attend and vote, which gives our club three total votes.  Please attend and let your voice be heard!  Also, Travis confirmed that the council would like to have one more tree donation in the amount of $150 for the new park.


Old Business
  • KFPD Lunch Update
    • We read the thank-you letter from the firefighters that was in the Grand Gazette.
  • Fruit Sales at BOCC Update
    • Tish Linke and the Petefish family attended the BOCC meeting where they announced that our club was selling Palisade fruit as a fundraiser.  Road & Bridge (in Granby) asked that we stop by; Emily and Lexi will arrange a visit.  
  • Sell Fruit on Wednesday, March 29th, at the HSS county government complex.
    • Krempins, Susan & Kenna, Ben, Emily & Lexi, and Marcy & Audrey will sell fruit.  
    • Please meet at 8:45 a.m. in the parking lot of the courthouse directly adjacent to Highway 40.
  • T-Shirt Update
    • The club chose to work with Mountain Mamas in Kremmling to make our new club T-shirts.  The club voted on the following design and plan:
      • $8 front and back; sleeve design for free
      • White ink on green shirt
      • Front: small clover logo with words around it
      • Right Sleeve: small 4-H cloverleaf and 2017
      • Back: wagon, club name, and Est. 2006
    • Isaiah will ask what brand of shirts they have, as well as for a sizing guide.  Then he will email the guide to the club and ask for sizes.
        • He will also ask if polos are available in the same color and at what price (for the Frenches who will pay the extra, if they are available).  
  • Community Service:
    • Tree Donation to 4-H Council
      • The club voted to give Middle Park 4-H Council $150 for a tree, as well as $400 for the general fund (since we did not give them a monetary gift in 2016).
    • Trees for Kremmling - The club decided that it will not donate money for trees at the Doc Ceriani Park this year.
  • Community Service Gardening at Cliffview Update
    • Our club is tentatively scheduled to weed the grounds on Friday, April 7th, at 1:30 p.m. - weather permitting.  We changed our April business meeting to follow directly after the weeding project.
      • Shelly verified this with Jennifer at Cliffview.  We’re on the calendar!
      • We discussed having our ice cream party @ Jilly’s on this day.  However, since many of our families will be absent, do we want to wait until our June meeting (which will again be in Kremmling)?  Please email Shelly with your input!


New Business

  • Club Office Expenses
    • The club approved the purchase of manila envelopes for the fruit fundraiser paperwork, as well as new club checks.
  • Community Service: Cookies
    • The club voted to donate 150 cookies for the Kremmling Chamber’s Easter Egg Hunt on April 15th.  
    • Shelly spoke with Starla Rindt, and she will bake them again this year for us.  The cost is $75.  They need to be delivered to the Kremmling Chamber by 4 p.m. on April 14th.
  • Club’s Yarn Collection
    • The club approved the donation of our club’s yarn supply to the Granby Seniors.  Marcy Monnahan will take care of this.
  • Sew It Seamz Scholarship
    • The club agreed that Shawn and Shyla Bohall at Sew It Seamz can publicize our scholarship money that we give to students of their sewing classes.
  • Project Demonstrations
    • We will discuss a schedule for demonstrations at the April meeting.
  • Who wants to do next month’s…
    • Prayer - Foster
    • Devotion - Foster
    • Refreshments - Jilly’s?
      • If we wait until June for Jilly’s, who wants to bring refreshments?


Homesteaders Club Announcements

  • Next Club Meeting - Friday, April 7th at Kremmling Community Church
    • Gardening @ Cliffview - 1:30 p.m. - weather permitting
    • Business Meeting - afterward
  • The club agreed to do tray favors in May rather than April.


Middle Park 4-H Council Announcements

  • 4-H Council Meeting - Monday, April 3rd @ 7 p.m. in Hot Sulphur Springs
    • We need to have 2 members (besides Ben) attend and represent our club.
  • District Retreat - March 24th-26th in Glenwood Springs
  • Cloverbud Night - Thursday, March 30th at 6 p.m. in the Extension Hall
  • Read the County 4-H Newsletter - to find out about county activities, 4-H trips and projects, deadlines, and more!


Sunday, March 5, 2017

Club News - March 2017

Club News
March 2017

4-H Council Meeting

  • Remember that tomorrow (Monday, March 6th) is the 4-H Council Meeting at 7 p.m. in the HSS Town Hall.  Please contact the office if you need a ride from Kremmling - 724-3436.  Ben will be in attendance; we need one or two more club members to help represent our club.  Thank you for all you do!  :)

Club Meeting

  • Friday, March 10th, at the Hot Sulphur Springs Community Church @ 1:30 p.m.
    • Lacy’s Presentation on Giving 4-H Demonstrations (1:30-2:30)
      • For her sake, let's try to arrive on time. :)
    • Business Meeting (2:30-3:30)
      • T-Shirt Update
      • 4-H Fairgrounds Tree Update
      • KFPD Lunch Update
      • Fruit Sales @ BOCC Update + plan for March 29th around HSS
      • Spring Activities Update
      • Club’s Yarn
      • Project Demonstration Schedule
      • 4-H Council Money Donation
    • Meeting Volunteers
      • Prayer - Taylah
      • Devotion - Evan
      • Refreshments - Foster

Friday, February 17, 2017

Recap of February 2017 Meeting

by Shelly Mathis

Meeting Date: February 10, 2017

Officer Round Robin

Many thanks and congratulations to the members who learned how to be officers in this meeting: Foster - President; Ethan - Secretary; and Shiloh - Treasurer.  You did a super job!
Ben’s 4-H Council Meeting Report: Ben reported that the council is working hard to figure out how to encourage each club to send the right number of representatives to council meetings.  This is very important in order for council to meet quorum and get things done for all 4-H’ers in the county.  Ben said that our club qualifies to have two representatives at each meeting to vote, although more are welcome in order to be involved and to cover in case one of our representatives is not able to attend.  The council is considering making two council meetings a requirement to receive trip assistance.  The next council meeting is March 6th.   :)

Old Business

  • District Retreat
    • Audrey, Ben, Foster, Shiloh, and Taylah are attending District Retreat.  Ben will write a check to pay the club’s trip assistance (amounting to $50 for each member - a total of $250).  Completed and turned in on Monday, February 13th.
  • New Club T-Shirts
    • Isaiah shared various design and color ideas for new club T-shirts.  Members made tally marks to vote on the style they liked.  They chose white ink on green shirts.
    • Isaiah will continue researching color options and price comparisons between the three local T-shirt shops and get back with us at the March meeting.
  • Community Service Projects
    • Tree Donation for Kremmling Town Square
      • Tish called Cold Springs: John told her that a five-gallon tree would be $45-48 a seven-gallon would be $75-100. The five and seven-gallon buckets are really the biggest size that our club members could handle planting without equipment. The trunk size on those is around an inch, give or take.
      • Town’s Response: Shelly spoke with Kremmling’s town manager (Mark Campbell) today.  He understood that Emmylou would be providing all 3 trees needed in the town square, however the Doc Ceriani Park could use some.  They planted trees there last year that were 1-2 feet tall; deer killed them.  The town botanist recommends trees 5-6-feet tall - firs, aspens, or cottonless cottonwoods.  Shelly called Cold Springs: firs (if they get them) - $95-100; cottonwoods at 3-½-feet around $45 (bigger, a little more expensive); aspens - $45-75 (recommended).  Cold Springs will get trees in around June; Mark said that the Town would provide equipment/help with planting.  The club is still deliberating on their decision.
      • Next Action: The club agreed that our first priority for trees has been at the fairground park built last summer.  Ben will contact Travis to see if more trees are needed there before we commit to giving money for trees in the town parks.  We’ll continue this discussion at the March meeting.
    • Kremmling Fire Protection District
      • We’re providing lunch for their recruit academy - Saturday, Feb, 25th at noon.
      • Moms will organize food and other details via email.

New Business

  • 4-H Projects
    • Everyone has received their project books from the Extension Office.  It’s a good time to get started on projects!  Contact Shelly or the Extension Office if you need help.
  • Ethan read a card from Lacy where she apologized for forgetting to award our club with a 100% completion award for last year.  She gave us a $25 gift certificate for ice cream at Jilly’s.  The club is considering getting ice cream after April’s meeting or when we do the weeding at Cliffview.
  • Spring Activities
    • March Club Meeting - If Lacy does not go into labor early, she will be giving us a presentation on how to give a 4-H demonstration.
    • When should we sell fruit at the government buildings in HSS?
      • Tuesday, February 28th - The courthouse asked our club to be available to sell fruit at the BOCC meeting on this date.  Tish and her kids will go.  Please contact her if you can go help, as well.
      • Wednesday, March 29th
    • The club is interested in weeding the grounds at Cliffview this spring if they need it.  Shelly will contact Jeff to see if and when that might be needed.
  • March’s Meeting Volunteers
    • Prayer - Taylah
    • Devotion - Evan
    • Refreshments - Foster

Homesteaders Club Announcements

  • Next Club Meeting - Friday, March 10th at HSS Community Church from 1:30-3:30 p.m.


Middle Park 4-H Council Announcements

  • 4-H Council Meeting - Monday, March 6th @ 7 p.m. in Hot Sulphur Springs
    • We need to have 2-3 representatives from our club to attend!!
  • District Retreat - March 24th-26th in Glenwood Springs for ages 10 and up
    • Registration is DUE February 28th!
  • Read the County 4-H Newsletter - to find out about county activities, 4-H trips and projects, deadlines, and more!

Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Club News - February 2017

Club News
February 2017

Club Meeting

  • Friday, February 10th, at the Kremmling Community Church @ 3:30 p.m.
    • Valentine’s Day Tray Favors (3:30-4:30)
    • Business Meeting (4:30-5:30)
      • District Retreat
        • Lacy emailed the registration information this week.
        • We need to know who is attending District Retreat at this meeting.  On Friday, Ben will be writing a single check to give to the office for our club’s portion of trip assistance for our attending members.  Please decide if you are attending and let us know at the meeting.  Remember, the club will be paying $50 for each of you attending.  Be sure to subtract that amount from what you are paying.  Thanks!
      • Club T-Shirts
        • Update on research project of new design, shirts, etc.
      • Community Service: KFPD Lunch
      • Please email Shelly if you have items for the agenda.
    • Meeting Volunteers
      • Prayer - Foster
      • Devotion - Ethan
      • Refreshments - Chisum



www.ColoradoHomesteaders.org