by Shelly Mathis
Meeting Date: April 15, 2016
- Fruit Sales - The club decided to wait until the May meeting to discuss about giving the club members’ families a discount for boxes of fruit they purchase.
- Middle Park Fair Ad
- The club approved purchasing a $45 ⅛-page ad to thank the office staff and support the fair. This year’s book will be in black and white, so Shelly redesigned the ad accordingly:
- Additionally, the club voted to be a Friend sponsor of the Middle Park Fair by donated $100. At this level, the club’s banner will be displayed all week long.
- May’s Spring Tray Favors
- The club tabled discussing May’s spring-themed tray favors, since Tish and Marcy were both gone. (Ladies, please discuss the plan with one another, and let me know if May is okay with you.)
- Field Trip to the Orchard
- The club talked about tentatively planning a field trip to Phil’s orchard on Wednesday, June 1st.
- Tish, will you please check with him to see if that is a good plan?
- 4-H Projects
- DROP date = Sunday, May 1st. If you cannot finish your project, drop your project by Friday, April 29th! Contact the office!
- May: Foster, Jill, Audrey
- June: Kenna, Evan, Shiloh, Taylah
- July: Ben, Liberty, David
- Cloverbuds: Do Sego, Flint, or Chisum want to practice giving a demonstration? They can, but they don’t have to. :)
- Volunteers for May’s meeting:
- Prayer - Jill
- Devotion - Audrey
- Refreshments - Krempins and Mathis (dessert and ice cream)
Homesteaders Club Announcements
- Outdoor Adventure Day Committee Meeting - Friday, April 22nd at 1:30 p.m. @ Big Shooters
- Keep working on your projects. Remember to start your record book as soon as possible!
- Shooting Sports: Watch your email for news. Sharpshooters will be kicking off soon!
- NEXT Club Meeting - Friday, May 13, 2016 from 1-3 p.m. @ KCC
Middle Park 4-H Council Announcements
- Cloverbud Night: April 21st - 6:30-7:30 @ West Grand High School Greenhouse (behind the school). Learn about gardening with Miss EmmyLou!
- ATTENTION Dog and Horse Project Members:
- The Animal Form for Dog and Horse ID’s is DUE May 1st. See newsletter for more information.
- DROP Project Deadline: April 29th (before May 1st)
- 4-H Council Meeting - Monday, May 2nd @ 7 p.m. in Hot Sulphur Springs
- Read the Newsletter - to find out about county activities, 4-H trips and projects, deadlines, and more!