Recap of July 2014 Meeting
July 11, 2014
by Shelly Mathis
Council Update: The July council meeting will be held on Wednesday, July 23rd, at the Extension Hall. If you are available, please come at 9 a.m. to help tidy up the fairgrounds for fair, participate in the meeting, and get a BBQ lunch. RSVP with the office, if you plan to attend.
- Peach Update
- Payment for 173 boxes was mailed on July 1st ($3,979).
- Final spreadsheets and payment for peaches were turned in today.
- We made our goal and have sold 231 boxes. Way to go, crew! A few final orders are trickling in.
- Tish - Update and Proposals Regarding Peach Delivery
- Tish said that the orchard expects to deliver the peaches at the end of August or early September.
- Tish suggested we make thank-you messages to tape onto each box of peaches before delivering. Shelly will work on making those in August.
- Tish also found out that the Peachfork sells apples and pears. She wondered if we wanted to add a message to the thank-you notes that says, “Let us know if you are interested in ordering apples or pears!” We are to spend this month thinking about it and vote on it at the August 15th meeting.
- Peach Spreadsheets for Delivery in August - will be passed out August 15th meeting.
- Teamwork needed for delivering peaches! Regarding delivery, Tish asked if everyone in the club would be willing to work as a team to help deliver all of the boxes of peaches.
- We agreed to meet in Hot Sulphur Springs where the truck will bring the peaches.
- We’ll work together to deliver peaches to HSS people first. Then we’ll divide the rest for delivery in Granby and Kremmling areas.
- Horse trailers, large trucks with covered beds are desired for the big day!
- Tish is going to ask the orchard to give us a heads-up a few days before the big deliver day, so we can all work to adjust our schedules.
- Gymkhana Concessions - Donated food or items need to be at concessions stand by 9:45 a.m.
- The club voted to have our club secretary, Julie, send thank-you letters to the editors of Grand Gazette and Sky Hi News for everyone who supported our club and bought Palisade peaches and Kum & Go booklets.
- September Code of the West Cloverbud Camp in Granby?
- Tish said that the Granby Chamber of Commerce is very interested in our club Jr. Leaders conducting a Code of the West camp on Saturday, September 13th.
- Tish has a contact name - needs to ask if the Chamber would handle registration
- Maximum of 15 attendees, minimum of 8 required.
- We must decide by July 28th!
- Shelly will email Jr. Leaders to inquire about their desire and availability.
- PRC Brochures -
- It is time to check on PRC posters and brochures at Kremmling businesses.
- The following members volunteered to check supplies at these places:
- Mountain Dragon - Ben
- Kenna - Grand Hair Design
- Los Amigos - Ben
- Subway - Frenches/Zick-Woods
- KCC - Julie
- Last Time ‘Round Thrift Store - Audrey
- Post Office - Frenches
- Kremmling Mercantile - Zick-Woods
- If supplies of posters or brochures are low at any of these places, please let Tish know via a phone call or a text (970-531-5465). She will bring more supplies to the August meeting.
- Prayer - Shiloh
- Devotion - Audrey
- Refreshments - Taylah
Great job to everyone who gave their project demonstrations at the meeting!
NOTE: Bensing-Wood kids will be presenting their demonstrations to Shelly, Liberty & Ben on Thursday, July 24th. Molly will give her demonstration at the July 23rd 4-H Council meeting.
Homesteaders Club Announcements
- NEXT Club Meeting - Friday, August 15th @ KCC from 1 - 3 p.m.
- Clover Time and Summer Tray Favors - Organized by Linke-Krempin and Bensing-Wood families
Middle Park 4-H Council Announcements
- Fairgrounds Clean-Up & July Council Meeting - July 23rd, 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Counts as community service and a meeting/activity! Lunch provided. Please RSVP with office.
- Exhibit Day - August 1st!
- Make sure to have Marcy or Shelly review and sign your completed record book before Exhibit Day!
- You can bring your record books to at the library where Shelly can sign them. This is my July schedule:
- Monday, July 21st, 2-5:30
- Tuesday, July 22nd, 10-7
- Thursday, July 24th, 10-6
- Saturday, July 26th, 10-4
- Monday, July 28th, 2-5:30
- Thursday, July 31st, 11-4
- Council Fundraiser Opportunities (to earn trip assistance):
- Sell Kum & Go tickets (get from Marcy, if you need more) and 4-H truck raffle tickets (pick up at office)
- Council Concessions:
- July 25th and 26th - Farrier & Gymkhana concessions
- Fair Week (ask the office for times needed)
- Aug. 16 - Demolition Derby
REMINDER: Please check your inbox and read through the Extension Office’s 4-H Newsletter each month! There is always pertinent information concerning your 4-H project, interesting activities available to you, and Cloverbud events.