by Shelly Mathis
NOTE: Important events are in red. The names of individuals who volunteered to do something are in blue.
Meeting Date: September 16, 2016
CONGRATULATIONS to each of you for a job well done on your 4-H projects! You successfully completed another year. :)
- Fruit Fundraiser Update
- THANK YOU all for your hard work for delivering and selling peaches!
- 1st order of peaches and pears are paid for. Payments for late fruit sales still have to be organized and deposited. Earnings will not go into funds until the orchard is fully paid.
- Please turn in any late fruit payments to Shelly ASAP. Final apple orders and payments need to be wrapped up shortly.
- Audrey will write a thank-you letter to our fruit buyers and have it published in the 4-H newsletter, Sky Hi News, and Grand Gazette.
- Tray Favor Schedule - The club decided to do tray favors more often. Tish is going to get a number of the Granby seniors, so we can make crafts for them, as well.
- Financial Business
- The club voted to reimburse Brady Mathis for his fuel costs for going to Palisade to pick up the pear order.
- The club voted to give Sew It Seamz another $400 scholarship to be given to students needing financial assistance for tuition and sewing supplies. We will let them know that they can contact us, if they need more money later in the year. Shelly and Ben will mail the Bohalls a check.
- National 4-H Week, October 2nd-8th
- Each family in the club will bake cookies to give to local businesses and organizations who support 4-H.
- Krempin, Wheatley, and Crandall families:
- Please deliver your cookies to Tish @ MVCA’s play practice on September 29th.
- 3 dozen to Courthouse
- 3 dozen to Granby Town Hall
- 1 dozen to Cliffview
- 1 dozen to Northwest
- 1 dozen to Grand Gazette
- 1 dozen to Extension Office
- 1 dozen to Grand Mountain Bank
- 1 dozen to Bank of the West
- Cookies are to be delivered near or during National 4-H Week (Oct. 2nd-8th).
- Kids, you can include a thank-you card from our club with the cookies, if you like.
- Community Service
- Many ideas were thrown out for consideration for future community service activities.
- The club agreed to provide refreshments at the Granby, HSS, and Kremmling tree lighting ceremonies. Tish will communicate our intentions.
- Tish will ask Granby Rec if they also need a sewing scholarship for their sewing class attendees.
- The club is considering adopting residents at Cliffview or KMH who need items and/or Christmas gifts. Marcy will inquire at KMH, and Susan Wall will inquire at Cliffview. Another idea was to purchase gifts for all Cliffview/KMH residents, i.e. a fleece blanket or something like that.
- Shelly will talk to Brady to see if Kremmling Fire would like to have food or treats delivered on a training night.
- Fall tray favors were made for the Kremmling seniors following the meeting.
- New 4-H Year Begins in October!
- Thank you to this year’s club officers and junior leaders for your GREAT work!
- Shelly will email county homeschoolers and MVCA announcing the new 4-H year.
- Club Members: Please submit self-nomination requests for the open offices to Shelly before the October meeting.
- President - Liberty
- VP - ?
- Treasurer - Ben (final year in this position)
- Secretary - Audrey (if she still wants the position)
- Pledge Leader
- Substitute Pledge Leader
- Club Reporter
- 4-H Council Reps
- ? (This could be a single person, or members could take turns.)
- Liberty shared her idea to help the younger members learn about the different officer positions during club meetings throughout the year. She will share how this training will be done at the October meeting.
- October Meeting Volunteers
- Prayer - Evan
- Devotion - Liberty
- Refreshments - Shiloh (Evan is back-up, if Shiloh cannot attend.)
Homesteaders Club Announcements
- Peachfork Orchard Invitation
- The club is invited to attend Phil’s shindig BBQ on Saturday, October 1st around 6 or 6:30 p.m.(?) The Krempins are going to try to attend. French family, this is your chance to see the orchard, if it works out for you. Tish will ask Phil if our club’s order of apples will be ready for pick-up on the 2nd.
- NEXT Club Meeting - Friday, October 14th, 1-3 p.m. at KCC
Middle Park 4-H Council Announcements
- Project & Fair Photos - Please email your favorite 4-H photos to Lacy for the Achievement Night’s slideshow @ email@example.com.
- 4-H Council Meeting - Monday, October 3rd @ 7 p.m. in Hot Sulphur Springs
- 4-H Council Office Applications - DUE at the office on Sept. 30th
- Prepare your speech to run for office at the Oct. 3rd council meeting
- Adults: a 4-H Council advisor position is open and needing to be filled
- 4-H Achievement Night - Saturday, October 22nd in the evening. More details to follow.
- Homesteaders Food Assignment: Side dishes and salads
- Read the Newsletter - to find out about county activities, 4-H trips and projects, deadlines, and more!