Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Minutes for May's Meeting

by Secretary Bailey Monnahan

The monthly meeting of the Homesteader's 4-H club was held at the Grand County Extension Office on May 2, 2011.

President Shyla Bohall called the meeting to order at 2:35 p.m. The pledges were led by Liberty Mathis. Roll call was answered by your favorite season. There were 7 members, 4 parents and no guests in attendance. Minutes were read by Bailey Monnahan. Anna Soltis moved to amend the minutes from saying "June 16th" to "July 16th". Liberty seconded the motion and the motion passed. Anna Soltis read the treasurers report. Ben Mathis moved to accept the treasurers report and Liberty Mathis seconded the motion. The motion passed. Liberty Mathis led the song, "John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt". Devotion was led by Bailey Monnahan on Psalm 100:3.

Ben Mathis gave a report on the trip to Lonesome Stone.

Old Business:
Gymkhanas-July 23th and August 20th-Who is organizing them? Marcy Monnahan and the Aprills will do July and Shelly Mathis will do August.

Jay?-If you have time, it would be nice if you could drop by and visit him. Shelly's looking into getting him a framed eagle picture and Liberty will look into birdfeeders at TriRiver.

Cloverbud Camp-11 more days!!!!!! Is everyone ready? WE have 7 kids signed up.

Community Service at National Park?-Shelly will let us know when/what.

Kum and Go Booklets? Where are we with that? Do we want to sit in front of Kum and Go again?-We're planning for the 20th of May from 3:30-5:30.

New Business:
Ford Truck Tickets-Do we want to sit in front of a store and sell them?-Incorporate tickets into the Gymkhana concessions.

Sewing Ideas? What direction do we want to take this? Block of the month? Every two months all day sew at Bohall house? Clothes? Home d├ęcor?

Anna Soltis-How to Make a Rug out of Plastic Bags
Bailey Monnahan-How to Catch a Horse
Audrey Wheatley-Differences in Furbearers
Ben Mathis-Do's and Don’t's of Hiking
Liberty Mathis-How to Tie Certain Knots
Julie Aprill-Info about Dogs
Shyla Bohall-Values

Next meeting-June 6th--Extension Office
Next Council Meeting-June 6th
Today is the project add/drop deadline!

Adjournment: Bailey Monnahan moved to adjourn the meeting and Anna Soltis seconded the motion. Motion passed.