WOW! You Homesteaders are awesome!
Thank you all for showing up early and on time to last month’s meeting.
What a blessing!
Please read all of the information below.
There is helpful information on 4-H project guides and record books that you won’t want to miss!
Here is our schedule for February’s meeting:
- Friday, February 14th, at the Kremmling Community Church, from 1-3 p.m.
- 1:00 - 1:20 p.m. ~ Jr. Leaders prepare for Cloverbud Time (Bailey, Molly, Julie, Liberty, Ben, Joy, Audrey)
- 1:20 - 1:50 p.m. ~ Clover Time for all club members to learn about the cowboy ethic of honor!
- 2:00 - 3:00 p.m. ~ Business Meeting & Visiting Time
I wanted to clarify if there is some confusion regarding the following 4-H terminology:
- Jr. Leaders - 4-H members are called “Junior Leaders” when they work with younger kids in 4-H. There is a place in the record books for them to record the times where they assisted, taught, demonstrated, or displayed leadership abilities in helping out other 4-H members. We call our kids who are leading the Clover Time Jr. Leaders, because they are utilizing this time to practice these leadership skills.
- Members - 4-H members are divided into age groups and given a name for their division. Their 4-H age is determined by how old they are on December 31st of the current 4-H year:
- Cloverbuds (5-7 year olds)
- Junior Members (8-10 year olds) *Note: This is a different classification than Jr. Leaders.
- Intermediate Members (11-13 year olds)
- Senior Members (14-19 year olds)
- Please feel free to ask me if you have any questions (and to let me know if I missed anyone) !
Record Books, Etc.
- Cloverbuds are not required to complete a record book!
- Everybody else… Locate, Download, and Print the E-Record Book for each of your 4-H projects HERE.
- Click on the appropriate link for the project record book.
- It will download into your Downloads folder on your computer.
- Open your Downloads folder to copy and paste the file wherever you would like to store it for future use.
- Print and write in the data by hand.
- Type in the data and print.
- Store in a 3-ring binder.
- Note: There are some project manuals in file format listed below the record books. Review the list and download if they pertain to your project.
- AFTER you download your record book, there are project guides that will be of help to you as your work on your project. Please click on the category link in which your 4-H project resides:
- Project Guides
- The Extension Office will be hosting a Record Book Workshop in March on a Friday afternoon. NEW members - please try to attend!
- Suggestions In Getting Started
- Take the time to browse through them to get an overview picture of the project.
- Write down ideas of how to schedule your project assignments over the next few months.
- If you need someone to help learn the project (or to help teach it to your children), let me know! We can contact the office to see if they can hook us up with an “expert.”
Please come to the February meeting with any questions you may have
on how to get started on your 4-H project, record books, etc.
- February Community Service
- Baby Wood will be arriving on Friday, February 14th!
- I will be emailing the schedule for next week’s Meals for Woods later this week.
- Remember to call Leslie beforehand to schedule a time of delivery on the day you are bringing your meal.
- Thank you, everyone, for your generosity! :)
- “Code of the West” Cloverbud Camp - Saturday, March 8th, from 2-4 p.m.
- NEXT Homesteaders Meeting - Friday, March 14th from 1 - 3 p.m. at Kremmling Community Church
Middle Park 4-H Council Announcements
- REMINDER: Please check your inbox and read through the Extension Office’s 4-H Newsletter each month! There is always pertinent information concerning your 4-H project, interesting activities available to you, and Cloverbud events.
- Parli-Pro Workshop ~ learn how to properly run a 4-H meeting
- Friday, February 21st from 2-3 pm at the Extension Hall
- Community Service Opportunities ~
- Volunteer to help Miss Caitlyn…
- ...at the 4-H Camp during Spring Break
- ...on Cloverbud Nights
- Call Miss Caitlyn for details (724-3436).
- Fiber Fun Fest - February 22nd - 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. - Larimer County Fairgrounds
- See 4-H Newsletter for information.
- Tons of fun! Free heritage arts classes for 4-H members and leaders!
- Talk to Miss Caroline ASAP, if you are interested!
- District Retreat - March 21-23 - Registration: DUE by February 28th
- Caroline emailed registration forms Thursday, Dec. 19th. Let the office know if you did not receive it.