October 10, 2014
by Shelly Mathis
- Audrey will edit Julie’s thank-you letter and address it to the 4-H community to thank them for supporting our club. She’s submit it to Miss Caroline to be published in the 4-H newsletter.
- Club T-Shirts - The club voted on a design and Marcy will get size requests from club members before submitting the order.
- Trip - On the Table - The club decided to put on the table for later discussion a trip to the Fraser or Silverthorne Rec Centers or to Snow Mountain Ranch.
- Donation to Scholarship Fund - Tish and her sister (Marina) donated $100 to our club’s scholarship fund in memory of Skip McClelland. The club signed a thank-you card to send to Skip’s family to let them know about the donation.
- Congratulations to our new club officers:
- President - Liberty
- Vice President - Molly
- Secretary - Audrey
- Treasurer - Ben
- Pledge Leader - Foster (Abbie is our substitute Pledge Leader)
- Reporter - Shiloh
- Photographers - Abbie & Taylah
- 4-H Enrollment Information
- Project List & Project Resources - can be found here: http://grandcountyext.colostate.edu/4h/4h-mem-fam-res.shtml
- Registration opens for leaders & members on October 15th! http://grandcountyext.colostate.edu/4h/4h-enroll.shtml
- 1. Go to http://colorado.4honline.com
- 2. Enter your information & pick your club
- 3. Print off your form & bring to the Extension Office with your enrollment dues
- Charter Paperwork - The club approved the Annual Plan of Action and Budget for 2014-2015. Bailey, Liberty and Jill helped Shelly conduct the Annual Review of the club’s financial status.
- Taco Lunch @ November’s Club Meeting
- Lunch begins at 12:30 p.m.
- Susan organized the lunch and met with mothers after the meeting. Contact her if you have questions on what you need to bring.
- Holiday Community Service
- The club voted to provide cookies to Kremmling’s tree lighting ceremony.
- Jill will ask her mother about ordering cookies through Jilly’s.
- Tish will research donating cookies to the tree lighting ceremonies in Hot Sulphur Springs and Granby.
- Tonya will investigate donating gifts to West Grand Wishes, while Marcy will see if there is a Cliffview resident or hospital resident that does not have a family and needs “adopting” for Christmas.
- Who wants to do next month’s…
- Prayer - Bailey
- Devotion - Liberty
Homesteaders Club Announcements
- NEXT Club Meeting - Friday, November 14th @ 12:30 p.m. @ KCC
Middle Park 4-H Council Announcements
- 4-H Council Meeting - Monday, November 3, 2014 @ 7 p.m. in Hot Sulphur Springs at their Community Hall
- CLC 4-H Camp - November 7-9th for Grades 6-9 - Glenwood Springs
- Registration is Open - Oct. 15-29, 2014.
- Review the October Newsletter for more information.
- Anyone from our club who wants to go will receive $25 in trip assistance.
REMINDER: Please check your inbox and read through the Extension Office’s 4-H Newsletter each month! There is always pertinent information concerning your 4-H project, interesting activities available to you, and Cloverbud events.