March 14, 2014
by Shelly Mathis
- Palisade Peaches
- Tish announced to everyone to tell their buyers that we will not deposit their payments until we have heard about the frost condition in April.
- Tish will contact the Peachfork Orchard in April to find out the results.
- Q & A Time About Projects
- REMINDER: All members and parents need to decide in the month of April if their child can complete their 4-H project by Exhibit Day at the end of July, or not. If they cannot, please DROP the 4-H project before May 1st - and there will be no penalties!
- If you do not drop the project and then cannot complete it, then you cannot do that project next year. Plus, you just feel plain terrible about it. And… you negatively affect your entire club.
- Please Drop or Complete!
- Cloverbud Camp
- I am so proud of all of you Junior Leaders and Cloverbuds who participated!
- We’ve received great reports from those who attended.
- Tish said that Granby is considering a Code of the West event in September. She’ll keep us posted to see if there would be an opportunity to do another camp or event similar to what we did for the Cloverbud camp.
- Kim Cameron is going to publish an article about the camp written by Julie and include some pictures. Stay tuned!
- We signed thank you cards to Shyla Bohall (for the use of her rubber band gun), Miss Caitlyn (for helping out the Junior Leaders), and for Kim Cameron and the Grand Gazette (for publishing our flyer).
- Cameron Family Says, “Thank you, Homesteaders!”
- Kim Cameron expressed her family’s sincere and heartfelt gratitude for our club thinking of them in their time of loss and sending them a sympathy card.
- Field Trip Options - April and/or May
- The club voted to do two field trips this spring.
- Tish will research touring JHB Button Factory and Tactile, and one of the leaders (Tish, Marcy or Shelly) will research the Denver Museum of Nature & Science
- Ryan Hubbard will contact Shelly to work with her to organize a trip to tour the Henderson Mill.
- March Community Service
- March is National Craft Month! Come make beaded crosses with the seniors at Cliffview!
- When: Friday, March 28th, 9-12 p.m.
- Show up between 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. to work for an hour or two with the seniors who show up wanting to bead.
- Julie Aprill volunteered to look up a pattern for making the beaded crosses.
- Who wants to do next month’s…
- Prayer - Bailey
- Devotion - Molly
- Refreshments - Foster
- NEXT Homesteaders Meeting - Friday, April 11th, from 1 - 3 p.m. at Kremmling Community Church