by Shelly Mathis
Meeting Date: June 24, 2016
- Outdoor Adventure Day
- Put it on your schedule! The club decided to schedule the Outdoor Adventure Day for Sunday, July 24th. Liberty will coordinate with the Junior Leaders for their presentations. Shelly will coordinate the dinner meal for the campfire at the Mathis house, following the hike.
- Fruit Fundraiser
- Spreadsheets and payments are due! Please turn in to Shelly at the library. You can drop them off, even if I’m not there. Just have them bundled in an envelope and marked with my name. I am there on Mondays 1-6, Tuesdays 12-7, and Thursdays 8:45-6:15.
- August Peach Deliveries
- Tish will plan with Phil. Issue: Fair was moved to when we typically deliver! Stay tuned!
- Marcy will create delivery spreadsheets for families, sorted by town.
- Shelly will complete spreadsheets & deposits with Ben, as well as print thank-you slips for delivery.
- Please let your buyers know that we have fruit recipes on the website: www.ColoradoHomesteaders.org. Email Shelly if you have favorite fruit recipes to share.
- Audrey read Jill’s thank-you card for the scholarship.
- 2016-2017 Chartering Paperwork
- Budget: The club voted to change the budget for next year by increasing the scholarship fund to 42% of income, keeping 33% for community service, keeping 20% for club activities, and reducing the miscellaneous fund to 5% of all income earned.
- Plan of Action: The club agreed to keep the same general Plan of Action as last year.
- July’s Meeting Volunteers:
- Prayer - Foster
- Devotion - Liberty
- Refreshments - Audrey
- Demonstrations were given by Kenna, Evan, Ben, and Audrey.
Homesteaders Club Announcements
- NEXT Club Meeting - Friday, July 8th @ KCC from 1 - 3 p.m.
- Outdoor Adventure Day - Sunday, July 24th. Meet at fairgrounds at 12:15 p.m. to follow the Mathis family to TeePee Creek trailhead. Please eat lunch beforehand or in the car on the way! More details to come via email!
- Remember to work on your projects and record books!
- Shelly will email steps to finding project Exhibit Day requirements. If you’re still confused, PLEASE stop by the Extension Office to get assistance. Don’t wait until the last minute!
Middle Park 4-H Council Announcements
- Exhibit Day & Fair Registration: WATCH your email inboxes for an announcement from Caroline that she is ready for the online fair registration to begin. It opened on June 20th, but there have been glitches. If you don’t hear from her, contact her. DUE July 13th!
- 4-H Council Fundraising Opportunities:
- Pick up your truck raffle tickets at the office. Selling just 5 tickets will help you earn trip assistance to go to a 4-H retreat or camp next year.
- Watch the newsletter for council concessions opportunities! This is required for earning trip assistance.
- July 23rd - gymkhana and farrier contest concessions
- August 8-14th - fair week
- August 20th - demolition derby
- Cloverbud Activity - Build birdhouses out of recycled materials. June 30th @ 6 p.m. in the Hot Sulphur Springs Community Hall
- 4-H Council Meeting - Wednesday, July 27th @ 1 p.m. following the Fairgrounds Clean-up @ 9 a.m. at the fairgrounds
- Read the Newsletter - to find out about county activities, 4-H trips and projects, deadlines, and more!