by Shelly Mathis
Meeting Date: March 11, 2016
Club Banner: The club approved Joel Lunsford’s design. Ben will mail him a check. The final cost came in at $106.00
- Sell Fruit @ Courthouse Complex - Wednesday, March 30th at 8:30 a.m.
- Wall, Wheatley-Monnahan, Krempin, and Mathis: we’ll meet in the front parking lot adjacent to Highway 40.
- Fundraiser Advertising:
- Shelly posted the fruit flyer in the Gazette.
- Shiloh will work on an article to be published in the Gazette sometime in April.
- Community Service: Easter Cookies for Kremmling Chamber’s Egg Hunt
- The club ordered 150 cookies from Starla; she will deliver cookies to Shelly by the 22nd of March. Shelly will deliver them to Chamber on Friday, March 25th, per Shyla’s request.
- April’s Community Service at Cliffview
- Shelly contacted Jeff with our idea, but Jeff wanted time to think about it.
- The club discussed other ideas, such as cleaning out the flower and vegetable gardens - as well as having some pets visit with us.
- Shelly will contact Jeff with the updated idea and see if something can be arranged for some time in April.
- Cloverbud Activity Committee: Outdoor Adventure Day
- Committee Members: Liberty, Ben, Audrey, Shiloh, and Taylah
- The committee wants an initial face-to-face meeting in April. Then they will continue planning via Google Hangouts.
- Shelly will work on coordinated a date via email.
- Volunteers for April’s Meeting
- Prayer - Ben
- Devotion - Liberty
- Refreshments - Evan
- 4-H Council Report: Liberty shared about the need for additional 4-H members to attend council meetings, so that quorum can be met and decisions can be made. Since Liberty and Ben are both officers, two additional members can attend from the Homesteaders to vote as representatives of our club.
Homesteaders Club Announcements
- NEXT Club Meeting - Friday, April 15th from 1-3 p.m.@ KCC
- If we do not visit Cliffview this day, we could finish knitting our baby hats…
- Remember to keep track of your fruit sales and turn in the spreadsheets and payments as you complete each page (when each page balances with the payments).
- Don’t forget to work on your 4-H projects and get started on your record books!
- Ask Shelly or the office if you need help accessing the website where you can download your record books.
- Be sure to ask the office if you have questions on the record books, Exhibit Day displays, or the project requirements.
Middle Park 4-H Council Announcements
- 4-H Council Meeting - Monday, April 4th @ 7 p.m. in Hot Sulphur Springs
- Read the Newsletter - to find out about county activities, 4-H trips and projects, deadlines, and more!