by Shelly Mathis
Meeting Date: January 8, 2016
Christmas Community Service Feedback
- We will edit our notes for Granby to bring a trash can, trash bag, and two tables for serving.
- The club bought 250 cookies from Starla Rindt. We paid her $150 (a bit extra to cover tray costs).
- 300 cookies for Kremmling was a good amount. (Leftovers were donated to Cliffview.)
- The HSS Chamber of Commerce sent the club a thank you note for our donations.
- The club signed a card to send to Caitlyn.
- Families can turn in their reimbursement money to Shelly. We want to schedule a tubing party for next December!
- Stock Show Tickets ($15 each)
- Krempins, Liberty, and Ben are attending the Stock Show on Jan. 15th.
- The club voted to pay for half of each member’s and parent’s ticket ($7.50).
- Fruit Fundraiser
- Shelly will prepare the fruit paperwork to be ready by February’s meeting.
- It was suggested that color-coding be added to differentiate the different columns of fruit.
- Please contact Shelly soon if you have any other suggestions for changes.
- Tish will contact Phil to let him know that we want to sell fruit this year.
- Spring Activities
- We reviewed our club’s Plan of Action for January through July.
- Tish is organizing a Valentine’s Day tray favor we will prepare at the next meeting.
- Please bring...various colors of regular-sized Sharpie markers and heart-shaped cookie cutters! Also, please bring any Valentine-themed shape that can be traced (like a cupid, kisses, etc.).
- The size of the Valentine's Day puzzles are either 4x6 or 5x7 - depending on which we choose. Please bring shapes that will fit within those sizes. Thanks!
- Following our March business meeting, we will learn how to knit baby hats using looms. Shelly & Marcy will organize this event.
- Shelly will contact Jeff and Amy at Cliffview to see if we can do something with the residents in April.
- We thought about taking our knitting and doing it there in the main room, so we can visit with the residents. Many of the residents love to visit!
- Special Cloverbud Activity
- Throughout the spring, we will be preparing an Outdoor Adventures Day (to be held in June or July) for our club’s Cloverbud members, where our Junior Leaders will teach them various outdoor skills.
- Junior Leader Committee Members
- The committee will meet via email and Google Hangouts or Skype
- The club will need to set a budget for this activity.
- Community Service
- The club voted to create a scholarship fund for students who desire to attend the Sew It Seamz sewing classes. The amount set for this year is $400.
- Volunteers for February’s meeting:
- Prayer - Ben
- Devotion - Foster
- Refreshments - Kenna
- April’s meeting was changed to April 15th!
Homesteaders Club Announcements
- NEXT Club Meeting - Friday, February 12th (1-3 p.m.) @ Kremmling Community Church
Middle Park 4-H Council Announcements
- Project books are beginning to come in! Contact the office with questions to see if YOUR books are in!
- 4-H Council Meeting - Monday, February 1st @ 7 p.m. in Hot Sulphur Springs
- Read the Newsletter - to find out about county activities, 4-H trips and projects, deadlines, and more!