by Shelly Mathis
Meeting Date: November 13, 2015
Final Fruit Business
- Thank you, everybody, for a very successful year of sales!
- Final payments are all turned in, as of Friday’s meeting. Well done!
- The club voted to to reimburse Marcy for her fuel expenses to pick up apples
- The club signed a thank-you card to Peachfork Orchards and approved sharing with them how we are using our funds.
- Community Service Projects
- Granby - Thursday, November 19th @ 4:30 p.m. (meet in front of dentist’s office on Agate Ave.)
- What We Need To Bring:
- Each Family: please bring 2 dozen cookies
- Marcy: cups, spoons, napkins, cookies
- Tish: permission for electricity, folding table, tablecloth, large coffee pot, and water for hot drinks
- Shelly: 2 batches of hot cocoa mix, cookies, 100 cookies from Starla’s Kitchen (eggnog crinkles, chocolate crinkles, Andes mint cookies), club sign
- Susan: 1 batch of Russian tea mix, cookies
- Tonya: cookies
- Jill: cookies
- The club agreed to reimburse members for any community service ingredients (for cookies and drinks) that are beyond what is in your their cupboards. Please turn in your receipts to Ben.
- Servers & Rides to Granby
- Servers: Tish & kids; Liberty & Ben; Marcy & Audrey; Kenna
- Jill & Tonya will coordinate getting their cookies to Susan or Liberty.
- For those needing rides from Kremmling (should the weather be bad), please contact Marcy.
- Hot Sulphur Springs - Saturday, November 21st @ 3:45 p.m. (delivery time at the HSS Town Hall)
- Marcy will order a Meat & Cheese Tray from MPM. Shelly will pay for it. Either Jill or Shelly will pick it up this Saturday, Nov. 21st before they close at 2 p.m.
- Marcy will buy boxes of crackers and deliver them to Jilly’s for Jill to pick up.
- Liberty will bring home leftover cookies from Granby’s ceremony and freeze them. She will bring them to to town on Saturday.
- Shelly will print a sign to be posted by the goodies at the event (stating they were donated by our club).
- Liberty and Jill (if she is available) will gather the items from Jilly’s and deliver them to the HSS Town Hall by 3:45 p.m.
- If the weather is too stormy, we need to contact Marcy or Susan about delivering the goodies.
- Kremmling - Saturday, December 5th @ 3:30 p.m. (delivery time to the Chamber)
- The club will be donating a total of 300 cookies this year (200 was not enough last year).
- Shelly will order 150 cookies from Starla’s Kitchen.
- Each family will bake 2 dozen cookies and deliver them to the Chamber.
December’s Christmas Party
The club voted to go tubing in Fraser in lieu of the December 11th meeting.
- The club and family members will split the cost.
- Tish will research times and cost.
- We will organize the trip via email.
- Club’s Website
- The club voted to use Misc Supply Funds to reimburse Brady Mathis to pay for our web site’s annual domain registration. Ben wrote the check after the meeting.
- Volunteers for January’s Meeting
- Prayer - Jill
- Devotion - Liberty
- Refreshments - Ben
The club made squirrel tray favors for the Kremmling seniors following this meeting. (By the way, I saw them hanging on the doors of Cliffview residents today when I delivered library books - and they made me smile!)
Homesteaders Club Announcements
- NEXT Club Meeting - Friday, December 11th - Christmas Party! - Time TBA
- Reminder: Please re-enroll, if you have not done so already (moms and members)!
- Baking Projects: If anyone is doing cooking or baking projects, you can contact Shawn Bohall about participating in contests at the hospital. These are considered a community service that earns money for the KMH Auxiliary. You pay $3 enter (which you would record in your record book).
Middle Park 4-H Council Announcements
- Read the Newsletter - to find out about county activities, 4-H trips and projects, deadlines, and more!
- 4-H Open House - Tuesday, November 17th @ 7 p.m. (Any club members welcome to represent!)
- 4-H Council Meeting - Monday, December 7th @ 7 p.m. in Hot Sulphur Springs
- 4-H Council Christmas Tray Favors - Change of Plan! - Monday, Dec. 7th - following the 4-H Council meeting at the HSS Town Hall
- Create a Sugar Chalet - Friday, December 4th @ 2-4 p.m. at the Extension Hall
- $5 for supplies
- Parents asked to attend with young children.
- Please RSVP with Caitlyn by Nov. 30th!