Recap of Homesteaders’ July 10, 2015 Meeting
Blessings to each and every one of you as you finish your projects, interview at Exhibit Day, and show during fair. I am so proud of each and every one of you! Remember to smile, be confident, and have FUN! ☺
- Update on Council’s New Sitting Areas at the Fairgrounds
- The Grand County Commissioners cut a check this week for $1,000 to go toward the sitting areas.
- Council is ready for our club donation. Ben will write the $350 check we agreed upon to donate with a note that says we want it to go toward one or more trees - and whatever else is needed.
- 4-H Project Completion Checklist
- See page 8 of the July/August 2015 4-H Newsletter for info!
- Verify that you have ALL aspects of your project completed - i.e. exhibit, record book, display board, etc.
- Please make a plan to get record book signed before Exhibit Day!
- Fruit Delivery Battle Plan
- Tish will contact the orchard to see if they could come after fair week. She will also ask what we owe for each box of apples and pears. We sold over 200 boxes of peaches, so we will pay the orchard $23 per box of peaches.
- We will ask for a Friday delivery date. The club voted to offer to pay for a hotel room for the delivery man, if one is needed.
- Shelly will print thank-you slips to be taped to the boxes. She will type up spreadsheets and ask Marcy for help to sort them for delivery.
- The club voted to increase our senior scholarships to $500 - beginning next year.
- Charter Paperwork
- The club reviewed the financial policy that Shelly prepared and voted to accept it.
- The club approved the 2015-2016 budget: 36% to scholarships; 33% to community service and donations; 20% to club activities and camp assistance; and 10% to miscellaneous expenses and supplies.
- The club voted to not have a business meeting in August; instead we will focus on fair and delivering peaches.
- Adult Award Nominations - Club members completed their adult award nominations.
- Volunteers for September’s Meeting
- Prayer - Ben
- Devotion - Foster
- Refreshments - Shiloh
- Molly, Ben and Jill presented their project demonstrations. Well done!
Homesteaders Club Announcements
- NEXT Club Meeting - Friday, September 11th @ 1 p.m. @ KCC
- Exhibit Day - July 31st
- Make a plan to have Marcy or Shelly review and sign your record book before Exhibit Day!
Middle Park 4-H Council Announcements
- Please turn in your final fruit payments to Shelly by Monday, July 20th and your Exhibit Day registration, if you have not done so already!
- Community Service Opportunity
- 4-H Council Fairgrounds Beautification & Clean-up
- July 21st - volunteers needed to build the new park/sitting areas by the arena
- July 22nd - volunteers are needed to prepare the fairgrounds for fair
- Both days begin at 9 a.m.
- Contact the Extension Office to sign up!
- Cloverbud Cook-Out at Taussig Ranch
- Tuesday, July 21st @ 5:30 p.m.
- Please RSVP to Caitlyn by July 15th.
- Caitlyn will provide hot dogs, buns, chips, drinks and S’Mores. Let her know if you would like to bring a side dish.
- NEXT Council Meeting - Wednesday, July 22nd - 9 a.m. with Fairground Clean-up (Community Service) at the Middle Park Fairgrounds
- Record Book Workshop will follow the clean-up and council meeting. Come get help right before Exhibit Day. Bring your record books and questions!
- Earn Trip Assistance to 4-H Camps - by working 3 hours of council concessions + selling 5 truck raffle tickets OR working 4+ hours of council concessions! Trip assistance = ½ of camp cost paid for by council!
- Council Concessions - contact the office to sign up and for more information!
- Farrier Competition - Friday, July 24th and Saturday, July 25th
- Gymkhana Concessions - Saturday, July 25th
- Council Concessions During Fair Week - August 2nd - 8th
- Demolition Derby - August 15th
- Sell Truck Raffle Tickets
- Contact the office with questions about opportunities to sell raffle tickets or to check-out books to sell on your own
- Read the Newsletter - to find out about county activities, 4-H trips and projects, deadlines, and more!