Field Trip to Fraser Rec
Leaders will pick a date in May and organize via email.
Pre-registration will be required, since the Rec Center needs exact numbers.
- Community Service Activities
- Silver Spruce Apartments - Marcy will talk to Shelly Cecil and notify the club if there is still a need for help there.
- District Retreat
- Bailey, Audrey, Liberty, Ben & Jill are attending next weekend!
- April’s Leadership Opportunity
- Lead Cloverbuds Night for Caitlyn (She’ll be there to help!)
- Date: April 29th @ 5:30-6:30 p.m.
- Audrey, Liberty & Ben will organize the night’s lesson and events.
- Molly, Jill, and Foster said they would come that night to help out where needed.
- Fruit Fundraiser Kickoff
- Everyone received their packet of paperwork.
- PLEASE read the help sheet!
- Start with contacting buyers from last year!
- Copies of paperwork have been emailed to everyone. Print more as needed!
- Submit spreadsheets with matching money to Shelly at the library and at meetings.
- Let’s get selling!
- Those who can, meet at the Grand County Courthouse on Friday, Mar. 20th @ 8:30 a.m. in the parking lot directly adjacent to Highway 40.
- Everyone knows we’re coming. We sold LOTS of boxes there last year. It was a blast, so join the fun if you can!
- Community Service - Fairgrounds Park Project
- The council community service committee gave an update on the project after their first meeting today.
- Sites were chosen and measured where we want to plant trees, bushes, and grass, as well as to design landscaping.
- Meghan and Travis were going to design the parks.
- The committee will meet on Tuesday, March 17th to discuss budget.
- When the plan is ready, they will present it to the County Commissioners for approval, and to ask for money.
- Then, they will present it to the clubs for donations and volunteers for building it this spring.
- This is one of our main projects we wanted to support with our earnings from last year’s fruit sales. We have donated around $800 so far this year, and have $1200 remaining in our fund.
- The club needs to be thinking about how much we want to donate!
- Fair Book Ad
- The club voted to purchase a fairbook ad to thank the Extension Office for all of their hard work. It will cost $40.
- Demonstrations begin in April!
- Foster, Liberty and Audrey volunteered
- Record Books - http://www.colorado4h.org/project_resources/index.php
- Select category (Livestock, General Natural Resources, or Family Consumer Science)
- Click on your project name to find relating links to your e-record and project requirements
- April’s Meeting Date was changed to Friday, April 17th. This will give the people doing demonstrations an extra week for preparation! (Thanks everyone, too, for giving me (Shelly) the day off, so I can take my science test. ☺)
- Next meeting’s volunteers:
- Prayer - Molly
- Devotion - Ben
- Refreshments - Shiloh
Homesteaders Club Announcements
- NEXT Club Meeting - Friday, April 17th @ 1 p.m. @ KCC
- Club Website - Keep an eye on our club website (new members, it’s a great way to explore and see what Homesteaders is all about!) ~ www.ColoradoHomesteaders.org
- ATTENDANCE: Minimum of 6 Meetings Required for Project Completion:
- Check club website on the Attendance page to see where you stand!
- Options for “6 Meetings”:
- Club Business Meetings
- 4-H Council Meetings
- Project Meetings
- Club Fundraisers
- Let Shelly know if you have questions! ☺
Middle Park 4-H Council Announcements
- 4-H Council Meeting - Monday, April 6th @ 7 p.m. in Hot Sulphur Springs
- Senior Members - Scholarship applications due by March 6th to Extension Office!
- March’s Cloverbud Night - March 18th @ Extension Hall from 5:30-6:30 p.m. - Leathercraft Activity
- District Retreat - March 20th-22nd - Glenwood Springs, CO
- 4-H Spring Break Camp for K-8th Grades - Tuesday, March 31st, 1-3 p.m.
- Caitlyn needs high schoolers to volunteer to help out.
- Contact her if you are interested!
- 4-H State Conference - Registration opens April 1st, closes May 10th
- 4-H Social - Friday, April 24 from 6-8 p.m. in Granby (more details to come)
- Add/Drop Date Deadline - of 4-H projects is May 1st (At the latest!)
- Read the Newsletter - to find out about county activities, 4-H trips and projects, deadlines, and more!
Hope you all enjoyed the terrarium workshop with Marcia Wyatt from Flowers by Marcia!
Your terrariums looked beautiful!