April 11, 2014
by Shelly Mathis
Thank you to Tish, Foster, Sego and Flint for
making such delicious refreshments for the club!
Thank you to everyone who helped clean up after the meeting. I appreciate you!
- Club members gave reports on District Retreat, beading at Cliffview, and selling peaches at the courthouse.
- Field Trips
- Henderson Mill Tour - postponed until the fall - date to be determined later
- JHB Button Factory - CLOSED to tours!
- The club voted to visit the Denver Museum Natural & Science on Friday, May 30th, as well as to see the IMAX movie Jerusalem.
- Marcy will organize the trip. Stay tune!
- Per group of 10 students, 1 adult enters free. Museum cost = FREE. Movie ticket = $5/person.
- DROP Projects by April 30th! Please contact the Extension Office and Shelly if you are dropping anything!
- Hot Dogging at Granby Ace Hardware
- The club voted to cook and serve hot dog’s at Ace on Saturday, May 17th, from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Various members and families volunteered to make and decorate donation jars and boxes to collect donations that day.
- If you cannot work on that day, please bring them to the May 9th business meeting. Thank you!
- Fair Book Ad
- The club voted to again buy a 1/8th page fair book ad for $40 to thank the CSU Extension Office staff for all of their help.
- Molly and Shelly worked to redesign the ad and email it to the fair board.
- Liberty wrote the check and mailed it in on April 11th.
- Peach flyer in the Grand Gazette
- The club voted to ask the Gazette if they would run our peach flyer for the next few months.
- Shelly will contact Kim Cameron.
- Kum & Go Booklets
- Kum & Go booklets arrived. This is a join council and club fundraiser. Most preferred to wait to sell theirs until later on this spring. Tish and Marcy took theirs that day.
- Shelly will bring these to each meeting. We’ll definitely want to start selling these by the beginning of June.
- Who wants to do next month’s…
- Prayer - Sierra
- Devotion - Abbie
- Refreshments - Shiloh
- NEW Club Website!
- Remember that you have to first type www. before you type coloradohomesteaders.org.
- Go and explore our new site!
- Let Shelly know if you can think of other things that would be helpful to have up there.
- Easter Tray Favors
- The club made Easter tray favors for the Kremmling seniors and delivered them.
- 4-H Record Book Workshop and Mixer ~ Friday, April 18th @ Extension Hall
- 5:30 - 6:30 p.m. - Print and bring your record books and get help from Travis and Caitlyn!
- 6:30 - 8:00 p.m. - Play games and enjoy refreshments with other 4-H’ers from across the county. Meet your council officers!
- NEXT 4-H Council Meeting - Monday, May 5th - 7-8 p.m. @ HSS Community Hall
- NEXT Homesteaders Meeting - Friday, May 9th, from 1 - 3 p.m. at Kremmling Community Church