by Shelly Mathis
Meeting Date: November 10, 2017
- Community Service
- Granby Rec Update:
- Julie said that they have $295 left from last year’s $400 scholarship. Thus, we will not be giving them a new scholarship for this year. Also, there will be no sewing classes this year.
- The club voted to allow Granby Rec to keep the remaining $295 and use it as financial support for kids to attend other Rec programs.
- Thank-You Card from Sew It Seamz - The sewing kids sent us a thank-you card for our $400 scholarship donation.
- The club voted to reimburse Tish for her fuel costs for picking up our apple order from the Peachfork Orchard in October.
- Club Field Trips
- National Western Stock Show - The club voted to pay for half of the ticket costs for those members and moms who attend the National Western Stock Show in January.
- Please notify Audrey and Marcy if you decide to go, so they can write a check to the office for the club’s portion.
- December’s Party
- We will have our annual party at Fraser Tubing Hill on Friday, December 15th at 11 a.m.
- The club voted to pay the full cost for tubing tickets for all family members out of the Activities Fund.
- Tish will call to reserve the date and ask about a group discount (we need more than 15 for a discount). Marcy and Audrey will bring a form of payment on that day.
- The Krempins would like to host a potluck lunch following the tubing party. Tish will make soup. Everyone else will bring a side or dessert.
- Marcy has tray favors for us to make after we eat.
- Shelly will send out more details as the date nears. Stay tuned!
- Audrey’s CLC Report
- Audrey shared about her trip to CLC in November.
- The club voted to award Audrey $75 trip assistance for her trip to CLC (she sold over 35 boxes, which earned her $75 in trip assistance).
- Volunteer for January’s meeting:
- Prayer - Taylah
- Devotion - Sego
- Refreshments - Chisum
- Please read the club announcements, as well as the 4-H Council newsletter on your own.
- We will make tray favors for seniors following the meeting.
Homesteaders Club Announcements
- December’s Party - Friday, December 15th @ 11 a.m. @ Fraser Tubing Hill
- Details will come via email. Stay tuned!
- Next Club Meeting - Friday, January 12th @ 1:30 p.m. @ Hot Sulphur Springs Community Church
Middle Park 4-H Council Announcements
- Read the County 4-H Newsletter that comes to your email and keep up to date on 4-H events!