by Shelly Mathis
Meeting Date: November 11, 2016
Officer Round Robin
Many thanks and congratulations to the members who learned how to be officers in this meeting: Isaiah - President; Jonathan - Secretary; Evan - Treasurer; and Ethan - Pledge Leader. Thanks also to Zachariah for leading our opening prayer. You all did a super job!
- Fruit Fundraiser Sales Report:
- Total Earnings = $5,868.50!!!
- Scholarship Fund = $4503.77
- Community Service Fund = $2,068.98
- Club Activities Fund = $1,998.20
- Miscellaneous Supplies Fund = $667.93
Community Service Projects
- Granby & HSS Tree Lighting Ceremonies - Details were discussed in October and revisited after this meeting by the moms. Tish and kids will be in Wyoming on the 17th, so she will coordinate with Marcy to get her supplies there for the club. Additionally, Susan Crandall volunteered to freeze and deliver the leftover cookies to the HSS ceremony on Saturday, the 19th (since Callarmans are going to Oklahoma). The details for these events will be emailed to the club.
- Christmas Money for Gifts for Needy Children
- The club voted to donate $150 to West Grand Wishes, Joyful Givers, and the HSS Fire Department to purchase toys for children in need. Shelly will locate contact information for each program, and Ben will write and mail the checks.
- Granby’s Christmas Model Trains
- This program is put on by volunteers in Granby during the holidays. Tish will be asking them if (and how) they might need volunteer help. The club voted to donate $100 toward the non-profit program. The contact phone number is 970-281-9094. Ben will write a check and mail it to them.
- Kremmling Fire Protection District
- Shelly reported that she asked Brady if KFPD would benefit from a meal donated by the club.
- He said that a lunch for a Saturday training, most likely during recruit academy in January or February, would be very helpful.
- The club will discuss this as a community service option at the January meeting.
- Tree Donation for Kremmling Town Square
- Tonya was absent, so this topic will be discussed at the January meeting.
- Thank-You Letters to the Club
- Audrey read thank-you letters send to the club from Mrs. Kathy Naples and the Board of Commissioners. We decided we needed to start a master list for who to give cookies during National 4-H Week (and include the county commissioners again).
- CLC Report from Audrey
- Audrey gave a report on her attendance of the Colorado Leadership Conference in Glenwood Springs.
- The club voted to reimburse Audrey $50 to help pay for her attendance fees.
- 4-H Open House Dates
- Granby: Tuesday, November 15th at 5 p.m. at the Granby Community Center
- Kremmling: Monday, November 21st at 5 p.m. at the Extension Hall
- Volunteers from our club are invited (and needed) to represent us at the Open Houses
- December’s Club Celebration
- The club agreed to do something fun in December to celebrate our hard work and our 10th anniversary.
- Date chosen: Friday, December 16th
- Activity: TBA - Tubing (or swimming, if we don’t have enough snow)
- Tish will research possibilities, and Shelly will organize this event via email.
- The club voted to pay for the full cost of the activity we end up doing.
- If all things work out, we will finish the day with a potluck at Krempins and do our winter tray favors.
- Club T-Shirts
- The club tabled the discussion of a new order of club T-shirts until the January meeting.
- For new members club T-shirts, for those members who have outgrown theirs, and for Phil (and anyone else at Peachfork Orchards?).
- Shelly read Ben’s report from the November 4-H Council meeting. Please email Ben or Lacy with any suggestions you have for changing the council by-laws and ways the council can cut costs for 4-H Achievement Night (which continues to go way over the council’s available budget - i.e. what awards can we cut, etc?).
- January’s Meeting Volunteers
- Prayer - Foster
- Devotion - Liberty
- Refreshments - Kenna
Homesteaders Club Announcements
- Enrollment Time! Please remember to re-enroll. Contact the office if you have questions.
- December Celebration - Friday, December 16th - Time & Details To Be Announced
- NEXT Club Meeting - Friday, January 13th, 1-3 p.m.
Middle Park 4-H Council Announcements
- Cloverbuds Night - Tuesday, November 29th @ 6 p.m. in the Exhibit Hall
- 4-H Council Meeting - Monday, December 5th @ 7 p.m. in Hot Sulphur Springs
- Read the Newsletter - to find out about county activities, 4-H trips and projects, deadlines, and more!